Scone meeting postponed 24 hours

SYDNEY Nov 11 2019

Racing at Scone has been put back a day with dangerous conditions forecast for areas of NSW affected by bushfires.

After originally clearing Tuesday's meeting to go ahead, Racing NSW stewards have postponed it until Wednesday.

"After taking further advice and reviewing the updated catastrophic weather forecast for tomorrow in the Greater Upper Hunter area, Racing NSW has determined that for the safety of all participants and horses the Scone meeting scheduled for tomorrow will not proceed and has been postponed until Wednesday, 13th November 2019," Racing NSW said.

The switch means a number of riding changes because Hawkesbury is racing on the same day.

The apprentice only race at Scone will now be open to all available riders.

While conditions in NSW are expected to worsen on Tuesday, calmer weather is expected in Queensland where around 50 fires are burning.



- AAP

 Email to friend   

       

Back to Racing News

Send to friend

Scone meeting postponed 24 hours

Your Name *
Your Email *
Friend's Name *
Friend's Email *

Racing Search

Live Racing

International Racing

Upcoming International Racing on Sky

Friday 6th

Bet Now New Zealand HATRICK
G1 - Spion Rose

Saturday 7th

New Zealand TRENTHAM
G1 - Rydges Wellington Captain Cook Stakes

SANDOWN PARK
G1 - The Betfair Tingle Creek Steeple Chase (class 1)

SANDOWN PARK
G1 - The Henry Viii Novices' Steeple Chase (class 1)

Sunday 8th

France VINCENNES
G1 - Grand Prix Du Bourbonnais

View Sky International

Form Guide

Sports

Connect